Job Reference : VAC10403
Cloud 9 Recruitment is a specialist Search & Selection Recruitment Agency. I am an independent Head Hunter working with mainly Corrugated Packaging businesses throughout the UK recruiting for roles within Field Sales, Managerial, Design and Director level positions.
Share This Job :
Job Reference : Business Development Manager
||Business Development Manager
|Hours of Work
||High Basic (Neg), Commission, Company Car etc
Our client is a successful Packaging business with a strong UK and European presence. Due to continued investment and growth they are now looking to appoint a Business Development Manager to increase sales in the Midlands region.
Reporting to the Sales Manager you will be responsible for managing a small portfolio of accounts whilst identifying, approaching and winning new business opportunities in the Midlands region. You will be fully supported internally and with extensive product training your brief will be but limited to:
• Acquire, sustain and grow new business.
• Sustain and grow current business organically.
• Schedule appointments and visits as required effectively.
• Gather market information.
• Follow up all new business enquiries.
• Arrange for equipment to be supplied on trial and demonstrate our clients systems at all levels.
• Follow up during trial periods and close sales opportunities.
• Acquire a technical knowledge to deal with easy-to-fix problems.
• Assist at all necessary exhibitions and events.
• Maintain records of visits, activities and tasks in SAP CRM.
• Submit weekly reports to Sales Manager.
Skills & Experience
• Ability to Negotiate at all levels
• Consultative seller
• Experience with E-commerce and/or 3PL business sales and supply chain
• A field sales/service background particularly with previous success in new business development within the Packaging industry
• IT literate (MS Office)
• Persuasive communication skills
• Excellent telephone manner
• Good organisational skills
• Experienced in protective packaging market (2 years min.)
• Clean driving license
• Prepared to travel
• Experienced in both new business development and account management.
• Ability to learn and develop technical understanding.
• Product training experience.
• Must live in the Midlands region
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude to New Business Development
• Proactive, hands on
• Happy to travel (30k+ miles per year)
• Ability to understand and execute instruction
• Effective team member whilst also being able to work independently
• Works to high standards
• Ability to multitask/manage multiple accounts and contacts
• Flexible approach to work
• Logical & Methodical
• Tenacious and persistent.
You will be joining a highly successful large organisation with a clear progression plan moving into next year.
High basic salary (Negotiable depending on experience) fantastic and simple to understand commission structure, Company car, contributory pension scheme, 25 holidays.
Cloud 9 Search & Selection is acting as a Recruitment Agency
Packaging Suppliers - Industrial Packaging Supplier
Paper - Industrial
Plastic and Films -
Cloud 9 Sales Training & Recruitment Ltd | Company Reg. Address - 1 Bond Street, Colne, Lancashire, BB8 9DG | Company Reg. No - 06351567